Tuesday 20 August 2013

Tonbridge Daily Photo

Tonbridge Daily Photo #285
Paul Bonner Williams spotted this unusual structure on a Tonbridge rooftop, and sent the image to Tonbridge Daily. He asked if I had ever seen it, and to be honest I have never noticed the strange roof addition, but he gave me his idea as to what it might be other than the 'smallest house in Tonbridge'.
I did take a look at it yesterday and it's certainly unusual - could it be a 'folly', a pigeon house, a look out or something a little more dull.

So firstly, do you recognise where this is in our town, and secondly what is, or was, its purpose?????

I love the two pigeons perched either side of the little house. Thanks to Paul for sending the photo to Tonbridge Daily - it will be interesting to find out what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment