Monday 22 April 2013

Sometimes it's all worthwhile

I met a lady in the High Street this morning (you know who you are) who told me she checked in on Tonbridge Daily every day, and thoroughly enjoyed all the photographs and snippets, especially the recent Recognising Tonbridge feature on the former Corn Exchange in Bank Street. It reminded her that her late father had mentioned he often attended the Drill Hall which was on this site too for a while. This prompted her to visit the building, with her sister last weekend, in remembrance of her father.

I have no idea who views the blog, or even if it is enjoyed by locals, as very few comments are left on the site, and that's probably because it's such a faff to log in, and join to do just that. A bloggers life is quite a solitary one, but I do get a fair amount of comments on Twitter and receive emails about the site. So it was a good feeling this morning knowing that a post had triggered off family memories, and it's these little things that make it all worth while.

Keep reading!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I always enjoy looking at the site and log on several times a week, it's very informative and interesting and thank you for your hard work in keeping it going. With your photos you've definitely got me looking skywards more, which when you are as clumsy as I am is not always a good idea! Brilliant site. Best wishes, Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I log into this site on a regular basis. I lived in Tonbridge for the first 14 years of my life before moving to Melbourne, Australia with my parents in 1967. There are so many wonderful memories on this site - the Castle, the High Street, the Sports Ground where my dad played cricket every summer for the Brown, Knight and Truscott Printing Works Social Club. Tonbridge certainly has changed over the years and it's fascinating to see it all. All the Best, Christine

    ReplyDelete