Monday 22 April 2013

Tonbridge Vermiculus

Tonbridge Vermiculus

Imagine my excitement when I spotted a rather beautiful bright red plant (weed) growing amongst the celendine on the banks of the Botany Stream. I'd never seen anything like it, and thought I should photograph it. After all, if a new species of plant were to be discovered in Tonbridge it would really put the town on the map.

Botanical names such as Viriditas Candidum (bright weed) or Tonbridge Vermiculus (Tonbridge Crimson) were racing through my mind. I did learn Latin at school but apologies if I've written something that doesn't make sense. So, with the deed done, and the image safely in my camera, I walked a few steps further only to find that someone had been playing around with a spray can, probably before adding a few choice tags to the walls and surfaces around the Angel Centre. Dream shattered!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment