Sunday 29 September 2013

Little Bridge Litter

Has anyone else noticed all the signs around and about that ask people to take their litter home, because other people do. These ugly signs annoy me, and I find them a constant reminder of the mess we often find on grass verges and in our streets. I find the signs so distracting along the roads and paths, that in I'd go as far as to say they are contributing to the problem, by being as unattractive as the litter we want to stop.

Yesterday I noticed that the river by Little Bridge in the High Street has been used as a litter bin, and even contains a street bollard (or something similar) floating in the water.

It seems as though litter isn't being taken home afterall but thrown into our town river instead. Come on Tonbridge clean up your act!

Floating litter by Little Bridge
Street Bollard
Remains of a takeaway
Neatly packed litter discarded in the water

No comments:

Post a Comment