Wednesday 11 July 2012

Mystery Location in Tonbridge

Mystery Location in Tonbridge

I was asked to include this photograph on the blog in the hope that someone might be able to recognise the location. It was probably taken between 1948 - 1954 and it could be around the Brook Street area.  There was an enormous burst of post war development in Tonbridge around this time, with a number of large housing estates appearing in the town. Cage Green was built in 1951/52, Higham Lane 1953/54 and Tudeley Lane 1948/49. So if anyone can recognise this spot please use the comment box below.

3 comments:

  1. It looks very much like Brook Street Estate to me, possibly looking down from the top of the estate towards Hayesden Lane. Just out of the picture, on the left as you look at it, would be a hedge separating the much later built Molescroft Estate. Keyes Gardens would be to the right of the picture. Best wishes Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. handyplasterer12 July 2012 at 03:00

      Many thanks Wendy, that ties in with the hazy memory I have of being told where it was.

      Delete
    2. Thankyou for the comment Wendy. I drove over to the area you mentioned to have a look and I think you could be right. I didn't have my camera with me, but will go over there again and take a photograph so that I can compare the two images.

      Delete