Wednesday 6 July 2011

Demelza House Charity Sale

Demelza House Stall

I've just returned from the Demelza House sale held at Tonbridge school.  Sadly the event was little advertised and the usual super-sized banner, advertising the event to the passing public, seemed not to be in place in front of the school this year.  The sale is for such a good cause, and held in rather a splendid room with high ceiling beams above a gallery of Tonbridge School linked portraits, it is such a shame for more of us not to know about it, even if it is an opportunity to peep inside the school building and have a cup of coffee.






I happened, by chance, to be in the town library this morning and noticed the event on the pinboard, so I took myself over to the school to have a look what was on offer.  I am really pleased I did as I managed to pick up a bargain unused Ping golf bag, and a box of rather delicious cookies made by a group of Tonbridge pupils who were running the refreshments - very efficiently might I add.  The boys told me they had made them the night before, and I tried not to think too much about the mess they had probably made whilst making them, but I have to congratulate them on their splendid cookie baking skills. They were delicious!!! Top work boys!!!!!

I believe this is an annual event but it would be very welcomed if a Demelza sale could return to Tonbridge again very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment