Wednesday 25 April 2012

Tonbridge Lions President runs London Marathon

Allan Mort - Tonbridge Lions Club President

Despite suffering a painful injury, Allan Mort, 61 year old President of Tonbridge Lions Club, rose to the 26 mile challenge to raise funds for Lions International Blood Research Association and Hospice in the Weald - appeals which are close to his heart. After completing the distance in just over six hours he said,

“This was my tenth and definitely my last London Marathon. There was a great atmosphere all around the route and the support, as always, was fantastic. Although I have an injury I managed to complete the full marathon route which was a brilliant feeling. I was beaten by a short head by one of the rhinos! Raising funds for LIBRA and Hospice in the Weald is so important to me. Doing the marathon for charity provides a great motivator as you struggle over the later part of the race. I hope to make a donation of over £1,000 to both organisations and would like to take this opportunity to thank all those supporters who sponsored me!”


No comments:

Post a Comment