Saturday 22 June 2013

Art on the Railings



There are so many art events happening at the same time in and around Tonbridge, and this morning as I crossed the Big Bridge I spotted the back of what I thought were paintings on the railings around Castle Lawn.  So, I made my way up to the castle to check it out, and a number of artists had braved the wind and the threat of rain to exhibit their art in the open-air.

I have to admit it wasn't too pleasant weather-wise high up over the river, but the colour of the paintings at least brightened up my mood.



I had a chat with two of the Tonbridge artists - Samantha Webster was displaying very intricate fabric pictures that had a 3D effect. She had obviously put a lot of close work into each image. They were perfect for a child's bedroom or nursery. I really liked them.

Tonbridge Artist Samantha Webster

Gary Taylor was exhibiting his photographs as digital prints on canvas. These were landscapes and places of interest.  I did spot one fairly local image of Aylesford Bridge in Kent, but most of them were taken further afield.

Gary Taylor
They will all be there tomorrow and part of the Tonbridge Taster Day so do go along and have a chat with them, and have a look at their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment