Sunday 21 October 2012

It's All Water Under The Bridge

There has been a lot of discussion this week between members of the local Twitter community on the importance of the river to Tonbridge, and that it really is not used to its full advantage. It is probably the town's greatest asset, and yet over the years we have lost all the riverside cafes and social events such as the Venetian Fete. The river is no longer a focal point and it was agreed Tonbridge should focus on it's river again.

All this river-talk prompted me to go back in my files and find some recent events involving our town's river, and I couldn't find anything, but I did come across a number of photographs taken on the Medway in June 2011. If I can remember correctly these are members of Tonbridge Canoe Club having fun with some watery going-ons by The Big Bridge. I'm not sure why this was happening on the river but I think it was part of an event, perhaps The Carnival. Does anyone remember?






No comments:

Post a Comment