Monday 29 October 2012

Memoirs of Frank Woolley


A few months ago I was browsing through the local biography section in the Tonbridge Reference Library, and the Early Memoirs of Frank Woolley caught my eye. I slipped it off the shelf, and was ready to settle down to a little reading, when I noticed it had been signed by the man himself . Yes, Frank Woolley's signature was clearly on the page in front of me. Now don't all be rushing down to the library to have a look, as I handed the book over to the the librarian pointing out the famous signature, and it was quickly taken into the safety of the archives.  However, before revealing the secret of the book I took a photocopy of the signed page.

The book written by Martha Wilson Woolley in 1976 contains beautiful and warm portrayals of Tonbridge, and the way of life in the town at the turn of the 19th century through the eyes Frank and the Woolley family. Below is a small description of Tonbridge and a little taste of the book.

Early Memoirs of Frank Woolley  Pub. The Cricketer 1976

No comments:

Post a Comment